Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday afternoon. Kids are sleeping.

Went for my Lasik appointment yesterday. I'm not a candidate at this time since I'm BFing. Apparently the hormones from pregnancy and BFing affect your eyesight so they can't get an accurate reading on your eye. So I can't have it done for a while. I wasn't pleased with the place anyway so I won't go there when I do get it done. It's way up in Carmel and they didn't even have a Dr there to do an exam, only a nurse who could check my prescription to see if I could qualify for it. And I would need to not wear contacts for 2 weeks before I could even get the pre-op exam. Why wouldn't they tell me that when I made the appointment?? Grrrr. So that's on hold until next summer or something.

Went to the zoo with Besty and her daughters. The girls did well together. The animals were really active, even heard/saw the lions roaring. Very eerie sound. I think we'll go to the CM next week with Betsy again. She's off work until January and doesn't have other SAHM friends so she's bored. That's fine with me, she's a lot of fun.

Speaking of Betsy, IU and Ball State play each other in football on September 9th. So we're going up to Muncie for the game. Been a long time since I've been up there! I can't wait to show Brett my old dorm, houses, class room building and other hangouts. Betsy and Scott might try to come with us too. It would be so weird and fun to "break" into the DZ suite too. And of course we have to check out the bar scene.

No comments: