Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yoda and Tinkerbell

We've had a fun week. Uncle Josh came to visit on Wednesday. We haven't seen him since Christmas so the kids had fun beating up on him. We played "Who ate my Fish", Battleship and Memory. Kylie does so well with Memory, its very difficult to beat her. Josh believes that his lack of princess knowledge contributed to his inability to make matches since he couldn't tell the difference between Jasmine and Pocahontas. Whatever!
Uncle Josh did entertain the kids with the ol' diet coke and mentos trick. Always a hit.

We did have Kylie's Maple Elementary Fall Family Fun night on Thursday. It wasn't Josh's scene but he humored us and came along. Hotdogs and chips in the cafeteria, games in the gym, hike in the outdoor learning center and a really good story-teller was in the cabin in the woods behind the school. It was cold but we had a nice time.

Josh left on Friday morning and Matthew and I headed to the gym. I set the treadmill for 40 mins and ended up going 4.3 miles. Not bad. I'd like to start adding in some sprints but it's probably too early in my rehab to do that. After I finished running, I got in line for a paper towel to clean off my machine and some guy started chatting with me about my running. He asked how long I've been running and thought I made it look effortless. Ha. So I got to fill him in a little about my injury and recovery. But it's nice to hear sometimes that others think you're doing really well even when you don't feel like you're doing that good.

Kylie and Matthew had a Halloween Party at her dance studio Friday night. Kylie decided to be Tinkerbell a few weeks ago so I got her a costume. Matthew wanted to be Yoda. I didn't want to pay for a costume and mask that he wouldn't wear so I borrowed a brown monk robe from a friend, bought some green make-up, ear tips and hairspray. Matthew was very patient while I did his make-up. And I think he turned out pretty good!
Kylie got the Tinkerbell 'tude down pretty well!
I took Kylie and Matthew to the party and guess who won first prize for the best costume? Our little Yoda!
"Do or do not, there is no try" "Judge me by my size, do you"

No comments: