Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quick update -

I had some hip pain that started after a short run earlier this month. It was a familiar pain, not as bad as when I had the fracture, more like after it had been healing for several weeks. Needless to say, I was completely bummed out and confused since I had been building up my mileage slowly. Went to the sport doctor, a new once since apparently Dr. Arnold left his practice. So my new dr, Dr. Meiers, seemed pretty good too. He couldn't tell what the problem was based on his initial exam so I was sent for an MRI, which thankfully showed no stress fractures! Praise God!
I met with Dr. Meiers after the MRI and he noticed a small tear in my cartilage but wasn't too concerned about it. Thinks it's caused by poor balance and my hip socket bone being a little big for my hip socket. So he is having me start physical therapy to work on my balance.
I ran 6 miles today at my parents house (was visiting my mom after her surgery). Felt no pain and had enough energy to finish with a good time - 8:44 average. Sweet! On with my training!

No comments: