Saturday, April 03, 2010

Big week for us - spring break!
Monday was a cooler day so we didn't do much. Tuesday was a beautiful day and we went to the Children's Museum. Wednesday was the big, exciting day for Kylie and I. We had been invited by friends to go to Chicago to see the musical "Beauty and The Beast". Of course, we would need to visit American Girl Place as well! Here are some pictures:

Kylie had decided that she wanted Molly, the American Girl doll from the World War II era. She also liked that this doll had braids because her other AG doll, Kirsten, has braids so they will "look more like sisters" this way. Kylie used her very best manners all day, it's so easy to want to do fun things like this with her when she is such a wonderful child. It was a long day but it was a fun day.
Thursday was a beautiful, warm day, high of 80 degrees! We hit the gym then we visited the Westside Pride Park for a while. On the way home, we decided to pick up some trash that has been annoying me on my runs. I always run past this junk and think "Yuck, someone needs to pick that garbage up." Well, I decided we were going to pick that trash up. The kids enjoyed it for about 3 minutes! But we filled up a bag and a small part of the road looks better.
Friday was not good, I started feeling crumby Thursday evening and went to bed early. By early Friday morning, I was down right yucky feeling. Brett went into work and the kids took care of themselves for the most part. I slept most of the day, Kylie and Matthew played and behaved very well. Dick picked them up about 3:30. I had wanted to get in my long run that evening (10 miles) but considering the fact that I could hardly get my head off the pillow, that wasn't happening. Brett got home and continued to take care of me. I started feeling better in the middle of the night, which was good since we were volunteering at the Children's Museum on Saturday.
Brett and I were volunteering for Disney's "Give a day, get a day" promotion. By volunteering one day, we each earned a free ticket to Disneyworld, which works perfectly for our upcoming June vacation. We were working the slide, we split our time helping people get on and off the slide. The day went pretty quickly and was worth time to earn free admission (saving us $180!!). Woo-hoo.
One of the best things to happen was Brett got free tickets to the NCAA Final Four game that Butler was playing in. He took his father, who actually went to Butler for 2 years, with him. And guess what - the Bulldogs won!!! Woo-hoo, so exciting for them! And so cool that Brett got to be there too.
So that's about it for us lately.


No comments: