Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Funny/memoriable moments of late....

Matthew has started playing soccer.  Brett is the coach.  Matthew has fun, running behind a group of kids, trying to get the ball.  He has scored a few times and seems to be having a blast.  Four year olds playing soccer is like herding cats who are all chasing the same ball.  Very interesting but hilarous as well.

I was playing music on my iPhone while cooking dinner last week and a song came on.  Matthew came up to me and said "Mommy, will you dance this song with me?"   Heart melted. 

We're about 3 weeks away from the Indy Mini.  Mom's training has been going very well.  She shouldn't have a problem completing it at all.  We got our confirmation cards in the mail last week which list our corral letters on it.  Mom looked at hers and said "Is this is, 46112?"  I said "Nope, that's your zip code."  LOL  She is in Corral U.  I'm in D, actually the best one I've ever had.  But since we're running together, I'll be in U with her.  And that's cool because running with her may be one of my top running moments this year. 

Speaking of running, Kylie ran a 4k around the Speedway track a few weekends ago.  She ran it with Brett and finished in about 32 minutes or so.  Looked like she had a blast.  Brett said she ran the first mile without stopping, a first for her!

Also on the running front, Dean Karnazes, a world famous Ultra Marathoner and author of several best-selling books, is running from LA to NYC to raise awareness and money for childhood obesity education.  He was scheduled to run through Plainfield on Saturday.  I was going to be in that area to run with a friend so I tracked him down and got my picture taken with him.  Then I found my running partner and she wanted to see him too.  So we found him again, this time parking behind him so we had to run a full mile to catch him.  It was very cool and he was super nice.  Worth stalking!



No comments: