Tuesday, July 21, 2009


More detailed info on the kids, since that's what most people care about!

Kylie is all girl. Loves princesses and baby dolls. Her favorite music right now is Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. I swear she listens to "You Belong With Me" 20 times a day, enough that Matthew knows all the words as well. She's currently working on her own dance to it. She's working on riding her bike without training wheels but is scared to fall so we don't get too far. Kylie has learned to play chess and checkers this summer. She's not bad at either. Her favorite chess piece is the rook because she never has to be reminded about how it can move. And she thinks the king is a waste since he can only move one square at a time vs. the queen who can move however many she wants. Kindergarten starts in just 3 weeks. She's ready for it, excited about riding a bus and meeting new friends. I'm excited for her but sad as well - she'll be gone 5 days, every week now. A school girl, how did that happen?

Kylie has been very helpful while I've been on the mend with my stress fractures. She'll run up and down the stairs for me and even made dinner for us one night last week. It was so sweet, I had be laying down while Matthew was napping. I came downstairs and saw plates on the table with bread on them. I asked her about and she said that she made dinner so I could rest my stress fracture. She had smeared peanut butter on the bread (couldn't get the jelly jar open), put carrots on our plates and even poured herself and Matthew some milk. She had a bottle of water at my place and a cold beer(!!) at Brett's place as well as the only red tomato she could find on our plant (she even washed it first). The whole event brought tears to my eyes. I happily ate my sandwich and thanked her for making dinner. Once Brett got home from running, he ate his as well (he also ate some leftovers after she went to bed since he was pretty hungry). Kylie has such a caring heart, I hope she doesn't lose that as she grows up.


Matthew. Now, he's a little bugger. He has the appearance of being a sweet, innocent little boy. And for the most part, he is. You can get lost looking into his deep brown eyes and his laugh makes my heart melt. But he can go from sweetheart to stubborn in an instant. You can not make him do anything, which is interesting to see play out when Brett and him butt heads. Which happens a lot. He loves pretty ladies. He actually informed our waitress at Texas Roadhouse that he was potty training, just blurted it out to her while she was taking drink orders. I asked him why he told her that "because she's pretty" was his answer. He's a smart cookie as well, learns so much from Kylie. He still talks like a young kid so some words aren't understandable but then he can bust out Tattoone, General Grevious, Darth Sidious and Princess Amadala (all from Star Wars) . How he knows to say these words but can't say hamburger is beyond me. He'll be going to preschool 2 days a week this fall.

Guess I gotta run, Kylie needs help filling up the pool in the backyard....

No comments: