Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ONE MORE DAY!!!

Kylie and I leave for Disney World in 24 hours!  We are both so excited.  I really hope this weekend with just the two of us will allow us to create memories that we'll always treasure. 

Kylie has been working hard at her running and is very excited to run her first 5k on Saturday morning.  My training for the Princess Half Marathon has been going very well.  My training philosophy for 2011 has been "health, not speed".  So I haven't been doing any speed work but I'm increasing my mileage and staying injury free (or at least not aggravating the ITB and PF that I have now).  I'm up to running 5 days a week and actually feel better then when I was only running 3 days. 

But, this weekend is about Kylie and I having a wonderful time together.  We'll be at Epcot on Friday (after the Princess expo).  Then Saturday we'll have the 5k, which is through Epcot and spend the day with our friends, the Babcocks, at Magic Kingdom.   It's their first time to go to Disney so I get to play tour guide!  my touring plan is actually laminated in my purse......LOL.  Sunday will be the race (John Babcock will watch Kylie while I run with his wife, Rhonda).  And then Kylie and I will spend the rest of the day at Magic Kingdom. 

Stay tuned for pictures and a detailed Race Report!

No comments: