Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Been along time again, sorry about that. Let's see what's been going on.

Today Kylie climbed to the top of the playarea at Chic-fil-a for the first time. She was so excited that she screamed "I'm a big kid" loud enough for the whole resturant to hear. :-D

Matthew had his 4 month appt on Monday. He weights 14lbs, 13 oz and is 25 inches long. 50% for everything. The dr gave us some suggestions to help him sleep through the night, like letting him fuss for 10-15 mins before picking him up so he can learn to self-sooth. We did that on Monday night and it didn't go well, we were up from 2:30-3:30 and again at 5. We also are trying to get him used to not sleeping swaddled to see if that works, thinking if he could suck on his hands, maybe he would sooth himself. Didn't work either. So we're back to letting him keep one arm out and the other swaddled (he feel asleep instantly when we did that vs. waking up every 2-3 mins for 30 mins straight). I guess he's just not ready yet to sleep through the night or not be swaddled. Oh well.

Kylie has been doing great in school. She played Duck, Duck, Goose for the first time yesterday. She said that Camille picked her and she picked Camille. Hopefully the other kids got to play too! Nothing new with the PTing. Although Dr Collins told her that princesses (since she'll be one for Halloween) don't wear diapers, they were princess panties. We'll keep telling her that to see if it has any affect. I always thought she would be PTed by age 3 since she does other things so early but now I just don't know.

Brett is getting frustrated at work. Seems every day he comes home and tells me about something that bothers him or that he doesn't understand why it is done a certain way. I think he may actually get his resume updated and start looking. That used to make me nervous but now I think it a good idea. He pays way too much for insurance and could do project management for more money somewhere else.

Mom and dad are thinking of moving to Indy. I think that's a great idea. Mom would retire and take it easy, dad might work or retire, they don't know yet. I really would like mom to live close to some family member with her health now. Not that she needs help now but in 10 years, she might. And I'm the only one out of us kids, who can do that. And I would really like Kylie and Matthew to be able to spend as much time with my parents as they do with Brett's.

MK is going well. I took a big leap of faith (maybe not that big considering how well my parties have been going, how well I did last year at Christmas and how many parties I have coming up) and order quite a bit of the new Christmas line and other skin care products. Enough to earn my second "Star Consultant" quarter. That's very cool. So I'll get a neat prize and recognition. And I'll have plenty of products on hand so I'll spend less on postage and time delivering stuff. But I"m not using the money I make for my eye surgery, I'm taking over some of the household bills so we don't have to go into our savings as much. That puts the pressure on me to sell, sell, sell!

My bf Sara seems to finally be feeling better after having Sophie. She said her boobs are healing, Sophie is feeding better and Owen is doing well with school. It was great to hear her sound more like herself. I told her that there were more then one occassion that I was considering packing the kids up and driving to detriot because I was so worried about her. She admited that she probably could have used that. I think next time I get a gut feeling like that, I should just do it. She really needed a friend up there, not just on the phone. I'll talk to her about coming back up there sometime this fall or winter. I miss her so much.

That's about it here.

No comments: