Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So I joined Cardinal Fitness yesterday. They were having a 1/2 off enrollment fee special so I decided to join. I went last night for the first time after the kids went to bed. I was nervous! I didn't want to screw up the machines and get laughed at. How silly is that? Anyways, I started off on dad's favorite machine - the elliptical. It's not easy at all but I did 10 mins! I hope to add 30 seconds each time to work up to 30 mins. Then I did the weight machines. I worked on triceps, biceps and abs. Going back this morning after Matthew's nap. I'll do the elliptical and work on abs and legs. There are two gyms near my house (I can go to any location), one on 10th street by the church and one in Avon by Walmart. I'm going to try out Avon today but if it's busy or the kids area is really busy, then I'll try the 10th street location tomorrow. Maybe they won't be as busy during the day. And it's a smaller gym so they don't offer classes like aerobics, yoga or spinning. But they have probably 25 ellipticals, 20 treadmills, stair-climbers, bikes and some things that I don't know what they are.

Things are going well here. Raining all day. Matthew slept like complete crap last night. He's been waking up about midnight the past few nights. And then he also woke up at 3 something and I refused to go get him. He wasn't crying, just whining every few minutes. Finally, I closed my bedroom door and turned off the monitor. I knew that if he really needed me, I would hear him. I think I feel back asleep about 4:30. And I think Matthew whined until he was ready to wake up at 6:45. Hopefully we won't have a repeat tonight. I'm going to give him some Motrin before bed in case he is teething.

Decided on a poem for M's invite:
A year has gone by
And it's been fun
Come celebrate with us
Because Matthew is one.

Kylie is doing well. She will be done with preschool soon. I think she only have 5 or 6 more weeks to go. She'll miss it but I have other things for her to do this summer. She's enrolled in a summer camp 3 days a week for 2 hours a day. She'll be going to 4 different weeks of it which I think she will really like. She's in gymnastics still, just re-enrolled for summer. And I think we're doing an inexpensive pre-ballet class in Broadripple with J and her daughter.

My friend Sara will be moving back in less then a month! I'm so excited. They haven't sold their house yet and are worried about that. Speaking of house selling, Brett has been talking to a realtor about doing a fair market value evaluation on our house. We're busting at the seams here. It would be good to move but I would want to stay in Avon. Close to church, Brett's work, all our stores (who wants to drive 20 mins to get to Target, which is the drive from Brownsburg??). And I'm very open to an existing home too. There are always some that are open in new neighborhoods. But that's a while off still.

Well, that's about it. Wish me luck at the gym. I would like to be at my target weight by August. That's my goal. So now it's in writing so I'll have to work at it. I think I'll start WW again but not pay for it. I can get the newest books on e-bay for $15. And I have the fancy calculator from before, which I can use as a journal also. But I do need to get closer to weaning Matthew before I start it for sure.
Speaking of weaning M, it didn't go so well last night for our first attempt. I gave him a sippy cup of milk instead of nursing him before his afternoon nap. He scream and wiggled and cryed until I would nurse him. So today I'm going to warm up the milk first and maybe add some breast milk to make it taste more familiar for him. Although he's taking the sippy cup of milk at meals sometimes. Hmmm, he might not be an easy weaner. Which is too bad since I'm ready to be done!

No comments: