Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good doctors appointment!

Warning - this blog is rambling, it's more for me to write things down to refer back to later then to explain to others.

I had my
3rd appointment with my sports doctor, Dr. Arnold today. I was nervous going into it since I felt like I re-injured my hip 2 weeks ago. I explained it to him, described the pain and frustration. He examined me and said what I experienced was totally normal and common with his patients (athletes who tend to push too hard). He thinks it was a combination of sitting in the chair at work followed by riding the bike and then squatting and sitting on the floor while cleaning the next morning. So Dr. A cleared me to start back at the beginning with my exercise routine - exercise 3x's a week starting with biking, then StairMaster, then elliptical. If that goes well, then I can start back to running!!! Treadmill to start - 15mins at first, building up to 25 mins. And if I'm still feeling good and want to get my lungs back into shape, then I can run for 25 mins and bike for 25 mins. He said it will take time to get my lungs back but it will happen. He thinks the 5k that I'm running in 4 weeks is totally achievable as well as the 10K in 7 weeks. He doesn't anticipate me experiencing soreness again. If I do though, he'll send me in for another MRI without hesitation.

So, very good appointment! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!! that is a great report! all that detail of building up to exercise made me tired. :)