Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Kylie's first day of Kindergarten


The day finally came. My little girl started kindergarten. And she was so excited.

We went to the school yesterday to meet her teacher and look around her classroom. Mrs. Moore seems very nice and Kylie wasn't shy at all when talking with her. The classroom looked like the perfect kindergarten classroom, bright colors and miniature furniture. They even had a few computers (much different from when I was a kid, I don't think we used computers until I got into 7th grade).

No tears from Kylie and I kept mine in until I looked at her pictures that we took. Just can't believe that she's a school girl now. Our whole schedule now changes, no more sleeping in or lazy pj days! She's only gone from 8:15-11:30 but it's every week day. It will take some getting used to. Although it makes me sad, I'm very excited for her, she's going to have so much fun. My big girl.

Our neighbor, Marissa, walked with us to the bus stop. I think it helped Kylie relax, getting on the bus with her friend.
The bus driver greeted her by name (she was wearing a nametag) and told her where to sit (first seat on the left). Kylie waved to us when she sat down.
Matthew and I waited at the end of our driveway for Kylie. The bus was 10 mins late, I was starting to wonder but figured with it being the first day, it would take longer. I was pretty happy to see this sight:


But even happier to see this sight! The bus driver was very nice, even asked if I got "the shot" of Kylie getting off. First thing Kylie said was that "school was AWESOME! Riding the bus was AWESOME." She said kindergartners were first off the bus and they had to walk in a straight line to their classroom. There was a hook for her to hang her bag and hoodie, but it didn't have her name on it. She could sit where ever she wanted. She played teddy bears with some other girls. One girl was really nice but Kylie didn't ask what her name was. They did not have recess or a snack. And she was pretty disappointed that she didn't learn how to read. But maybe tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think i could handle putting her on a bus!! so glad she had a great day!!!