Friday, August 07, 2009

A little sore today. I've been feeling good, hip-wise, so started to increase my time on the stationary bike, which was ok with the dr. But add in the extra things I've been taking on around the house and I'm pretty sore. The chair at work is counter-top height so I have to step up onto it and usually step up using my right leg. But now that my left is feeling better, I was using that leg. Think about it - you have a dominate leg - same leg that you first use to walk up stairs, step up on a ladder, push yourself up off the floor with. Well that dominate leg for me is my left leg which is the injuried one. I adjusted to using my right leg this summer while it was still painful to use the left. But now that the pain has subsided, I'm back to using the left leg. But then I ache in the evenings. :-( I think what did me in yesterday was squating and sitting on the floor a lot yesterday while I was cleaning the kids playroom.
So I was supposed to go to the gym today and use the stairmaster but I'm putting that off until tomorrow morning. And I'm taking it easy today, well, as easy as I can since I'm having 2 of my closest friends and their children over for a playdate today. And having Brett's friends over for a cook-out this evening. Guess I'll rest some day..... ;-)

No comments: