Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Kylie Got Caught!


Day 6 of Kindergarten, which I'm going to refer to now as K because I'm tired of typing it out every time.
Today was green day. Monday was red, Tuesday blue. Kylie was head to toe in green, including her panties (although when I reminded her to not show her panties, she said "No, that is not appropriate K behavior").

Being Wednesday, I had to work. So it was our first day of having Sharon, Brett's mom who watches the kids on Wednesday's, take Kylie to the bus. Apparently, Kylie forgot that she needed her book bag so she missed the bus while Grandma ran home to get it. Good thing the bus leaves the neighborhood using the same entrance because the driver made an extra stop being leaving to pick Kylie up. I heard about this and felt instant "mommy guilt". Ho-hum.

Kylie's been having a little drama at school. Another girl, Jaden has been sticking her tongue out at Kylie for no apparent reason. Kylie thinks it's because she is becoming friends with Zoe, who is also friends with Jaden and that Jaden is upset about that. Drama, drama, drama.

I was thrilled to hear that Kylie "got caught" today at school, a concept that I didn't understand from Kylie's explanation so I asked the neighbor girl, Marissa to clear it up for me. Apparently, you can earn a "I got caught doing my part" card, which is then entered into a weekly drawing for a tee-shirt. Kylie earned hers for being first to sit on the carpet and was quiet as a mouse. It was the first card that her teacher has given out this year. So proud!! I did explain to Kylie that she might not win the tee-shirt but we were very proud of her. She's so wonderful, just love her, love her, love her!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for Kylie! Way to go, girl! When I taught, we called these "excellent eagles" (eagles being our mascot) - same concept, just catching kids doing the right thing without necessarily being asked. It's a great incentive because they never know when the teacher is going to give one out. Pretty cool!!