Thursday, September 10, 2009

I need to check messages.

So, I have a terrible habit of not checking our messages on our home voice mail. There isn't a light or anything to let you know when we have a message, just a faster beeping dial tone. Brett NEVER checks messages and I only check about once a week or so. I figure most people call my cell phone or e-mail me. Well, today I lifted the phone and heard the fast beep. Dialed the number, entered my 7 digit code (seriously, 7 digits???) and heard "You have 5 new messages". Huh.

First message was from Mrs. Moore, Kylie's K teacher. What?! She called to ask me to be the Room Mom! How excited. But what a bummer that she called LAST Tuesday and wanted to meet LAST Thursday to go over the information. Opps.

Feeling just terrible, after all, Mrs. Moore said I was her first choice and I would be perfect at it, I e-mailed Mrs. Moore back and apologized for not returning her call. And then I called and left her a voice mail message as well. I'm thinking that it's been over a week, she's gone to the next mom on her list and I would be happy with whatever volunteering she needed still.

But the phone rang and Mrs. Moore said she figured that I hadn't checked my messages, apologized for not e-mailing and asked me to still be the Room Mom. Woo-hoo! Call me a dork but I think that's pretty cool. I'll be in charge of getting donations for the class parties, helping during parties, and other fundraising projects. Right up my alley.

Mrs. Moore also let me know that she's very impressed by Kylie and how quickly she picks up on new concepts. She wants to go over some "above and beyond" activities for Kylie when we meet for parent/teacher conferences in October.

I guess we're both "Teacher's Pets". ;-)




No comments: