Tuesday, September 08, 2009

School days, school days.

Matthew outside of Discovery Days.

Matthew and his friend Joshua, they are in the same class.I got in one last hug and kiss.


Matthew started preschool today with Miss Joni. He was ready, he's been bored without Kylie. Matthew insisted on wearing his pirate rainboots because he said the other boys would like him then. A few years ago I would have argued but not now - who really cares if he's wearing boots or shoes? He liked finding his name tag on the wall and hanging up his book bag. But once the door opened and Miss Joni was standing there - none of the kiddos moved! They all stood there and waited for either their parent to push them in or someone else to go first! Matthew hid behind me so I walked him up to the door and kinda shoved him forward. I asked him to count the frogs that were in the aquarium. Then he walked in fine.
Two hours later, I picked him up. He had a big smile on his face when he came out the door. He didn't say much about school, not a surprise. But he did say that he wanted to go back and that there were 5 frogs.

No comments: