Friday, September 11, 2009

Yes, yes, yes!


I ran for 15 mins today and it felt awesome!!! No pain, no weird gait (post-injury, pre-diagnosis I was running with a "pat, thump, pat, thump" gait), no soreness afterwards. It was just wonderful. Before I got on the treadmill, I listened to a hymn on my ipod and had a few minutes of stretching and prayer. This injury has truly humbled me so if that's the lesson God wanted me to learn, it's worked!
I started off at 6.0 (10min mile) for the first 10, just to get a feel for it. Then at 10mins, I bumped it up to 6.5 for the last 5 mins. 2 min cool down so I got in 1.65 miles in 17 minutes. I was sweating good too.
My dr said I could follow up my 15 min run with 25 mins on the bike so I did that to start to build up my cardio. I can tell that my cardio has improved since I started working out again. Not where it was, of course, but I no longer feel like I'm dying 8 minutes into a workout.

Did some serious abs as well. The kind that make you feel like you can't do one more crunch. And that felt good too.

I'll run again on Monday, taking the weekend for ST and rest.

I feel great!!!!!!

No comments: