Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday night. What a weekend.

The Bakers and Kayleigh's friend Bridget got into town on Thursday morning. We hung out and swam that day. D&S took us all out to dinner at Rick's Boatyard - everyone but the kids who babysat Kylie and Matthew. Kylie was in 7th heaven with Dillion. She just thinks he is the best thing ever. Good thing he likes her too since he couldn't get her away from him. He got her a play golf bag with balls and clubs. She pulled that thing around and played with it for hours. I took Melinda, Kayleigh, Bridget and Matthew to Keystone Mall so I could return my 5 pairs of fireman socks that accidently came with the Gymboree order I placed. I also got an outfit and teeshirt on sale. We stopped at Cheesecake factory and got some pieces for Sharon since she couldn't come with us since she was at Dick's funeral. Brett and John were pallbearers.

B's suit jacket wasn't lost at the drycleaners. Turns out it was in the backcorner of the closet and I thought it was in the drycleaning pile. B is going to stop at the drycleaners and apologize for accusing them of losing it. I feel pretty stupid but very glad that we didn't lose the jacket.

We "juliped" that night but no one got drunk. Brett and I stayed late with the kids, past 10 but then went home.

Friday B had off work so we swam. I went to the track with John and Bill who had suite passes and garage/pit passes. The suite was very nice and really nice since it was hot outside. I toured the garage area with John. Had to buy a $22 Dale Earnhart Jr shirt since I couldn't get into the garage wearing a tanktop. I had jeans and close toed shoes but needed a shirt that covered my shoulders (safety deal, I guess). Gave the shirt to Dillion. I did see some famous drivers, I never would have recognized them but John did. Got my picture taken with Kasey Kahne (very young and little), Sterling Marlin (old time driver), Ryan Newman (jerk) and some other guy. I also had my picture taken with Richard Childress who is a famous owner. And had my picture taken on the yard of bricks at the start/finish line.

Friday night was more drinking and eating. I didn't have much to drink. Barb and Alan came over plus Lynk and Nancy and some of D&S's friends. It was getting really late and I left at 10:30. Brett wanted to stay but felt like he needed to come home too. Riley asked to spend the night so I took her home and had Brett stay. Riley and I had fun trying on lipstick and having girl talk.

Saturday Brett went golfing and I swam with K while S took care of M. Everyone else went to the track. We came home for naptime and Brett finished my potato salad while I took a nap (what a nice guy). We all went to John's for dinner. We had Beer can chicken for dinner which was really good. I played my Ipod and I think a lot of people liked my music. We walked around the track area, which wasn't very busy. Then Brett took the kids home at 11, while I went to D&S's to hang out for a while. Us ladies hung out by the pool until 12:30 and Melinda drove me home since we didn't have another car there.

Sunday was the race and we just went over to D&S's again and swam more. It was very relaxing. We ate leftovers and just hung out. Got home late again. Then Monday we went to D&S's to see the Bakers off at 10. Then we went to the Children's Museum since Brett had the day off work. Kylie loved the Bob the Builder exhibit. She played in there until we pulled her out. We also checked out the new glass artist exhibit (he's really famous but I don't remember his name). Dale Childy or something. He is very talented, I was impressed. Kylie seemed to like it too.

Monday afternoon I took a long nap which felt wonderful. M wasn't sleeping well probably because he was off schedule. But he did sleep from 11-4 last night. Brett got up with him at 4 so I could sleep. Very nice treat. Monday evening B had a meeting at the high school for all the coaches this year. Kylie went to bed fine but Matthew wouldn't settle down. And I found ants in the kitchen. So combine Matthew crying and ants and I was losing it. So I called B and told him to come home, which he did. By then Matthew had stopped crying but I was still upset so it was good to have him there. I don't normally lose it like that but I was feeling very overwhelmed and the ants and crying broke the camel's back. I'm cool now.

PTing has taken a big step back. All the excitement and not being at home caused some problems. We were keeping K in pullups because she was telling us when she needed to go so she was staying dry and just pooping in them. But with all the fun she stopped telling us and I wasn't around her enough to remind her. So we put her back in panties on Sunday and she did ok but had several accidents in the evening. And today she did good at the museum but had 2 accidents at home. So we're back to the basics this week. I'll keep us all home and work hard with her again. I was naive thinking that once she decided to use the potty that we would be all done with the training!!

Sarah is having her eyes lasered tomorrow. I hope it all goes well. Mom is out there helping her. I sure wish Sarah lived closer, I'd love to go visit more. I had a great time when we went before but it just isn't something we can afford to do. Plus, I don't think 2 kids would fit well in her place!
Well, I'm tired and it's late so I'm going to bed.

No comments: