Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday evening, both kids are in bed and B is at the pre-season Colts game (I didn't feel like going).

Before I forget, K said the cutest thing when we prayed before lunch on Friday. We had just gone through the kid's farm area. She prayed "God, please make me a farmer." LOL!

Friday evening we went to Ben Davis for the football game. We didn't stay long, kinda hot for M. They had a "fun fair" that K went to with D&S but she was gone before we got there for bedtime.

Saturday morning we went back to the fair with D&S and John. Before we left for the fair, we were adjusting the straps on the car seat for K in D&S's car. Brett saw that they didn't have the seat belt through the car seat to keep it stable. Brett flipped out at his parents, the seat wasn't at all stable, you could move it 4 inches to each side at least (you're not supposed to move it more then 1/2 inch). We got in fixed but B was still pretty mad. Especially since we've shown them how to do it and they have the instruction manual which they've never bothered to look at. So Brett planned to talked to D again to stress how important it is to have it installed correctly and if it's not, they can't take her in the car anymore.

Anyway, Kylie had lots of fun. She did the farm thing again, and rode lots of rides. Brett tried to win her a prize doing Skee-ball, which he normally is very good at. But after 7 tries, he just couldn't get enough points and that made him mad. He tried again later and 8 more trys, still didn't win, I think it was rigged! But he did win her a few things on other games. Matthew did well, even let John and Dick carry him in the front pack. Dick got M overheated so I took him into the Ball State building to feed and cool him down.

We had to leave early for naps and because I had a MK party. Turns out, after I got to her house, that she had called (supposedly) to cancel the party a week ago. Her number had been disconnected so I couldn't confirm with her. But she does want to reschedule so hopefully that will happen.

Sunday was church and then B went golfing with his dad. I put the kids to bed and took a nap!! We went to dinner at D&S's.

Tomorrow is my appointment with the Lasik people. B is coming so he'll get his questions answered too. I don't know if we'll do it, it's certainly not in our budget but I don't want eye issues for years either. I guess we'll see what they say.

No comments: