Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday afternoon - naptime.

Is it too early for a drink?? What a day. Let me start with Tuesday.

M went to bed at 8:30 and I feed him at 10:30. Then he was up at 1:30 and I should have just given him a pacifier but I fed him instead. Then he was up again at 4:30. So not a good night for sleep. By Tuesday afternoon, I noticed he was sneezing a lot and was congested. Great, another cold.

I went to dinner with ladies from my Sunday school class. I was so happy to be invited since they were the "cool" kids in the class. We went to dinner at a nice place in Speedway called Dawson's. I got smothered chicken and shrimp cocktail. Very nice. Leftovers for dinner on Wednesday! I got a chance to get to know some of the ladies better and they were all very nice. I'm really glad that we've gotten involved in that class, definitely gives me some new friends that are easy to keep in touch with since I see them often. And it's nice to get together with people that aren't bad mouthing others and complaining about everything. Refreshing.

I got home and B said that he tried calling 5 times in the last hour to tell me not to hurry home because everything was going well. My stupid purse is so thick that I can't hear my cell phone when it's inside. Which sucks because it's a beautiful Coach purse. So I changed to a cheapo pink Target purse and surprise, I heard my phone ring several times today.

M did not sleep well last night due to his cold. I didn't feed him when I got home because I wanted to see how well he could sleep without a "dreamfeeding" - feeding when the baby is still asleep - and he was up at 12:30, 3:30 and 6:30 to eat. Plus he was up several other times looking for his pacifier. Hopefully he does better tonight.

We went to the Detwilers for a playdate. Kylie asked before we left if Nicholas was going to push her. She's so used to him pushing her at some point everytime they see each other that she knows it will happen. I told her that he might push her and just to ask him beforehand to not push her. So, about 15 mins into the playdate, she was walking over to him and he was laying on the couch. She wanted to listen to his heartbeat with the doctor kit and he kicked her in the face!!! I was shocked and so was she. She just turned to me and looked with wide eyes and then started crying hard. Val took him to timeout and made him apologize. And Kylie looked at him and said "Please, don't push me, Nicholas.". Thank goodness they didn't have anymore problems. I can't wait till Brett teaches her how to throw a headlock so she can put Nicholas on his back when he pushes her!

Picked up the dry cleaning today and they couldn't find B's suit jacket. The lady was really busy and didn't have all our order together so I just took the one suit (dropped off 2) and Kylie's dress and left. She said I could pick up the other jacket, that she couldn't find, in the morning. I get home and she had called, saying that the receipt was wrong, that I had dropped off 1 (2) piece suit, 1 dress, 1 jacket and 3 pants - total of 7 items. No, I dropped off and it's written on the receipt, 2 (2) piece suits, 1 dress, 1 jacket and 2 pants - 7 items. We argued and she kept telling me to check my closet because they didn't have another jacket, I only dropped off 1 suit. So after arguing for a while, I hung up and called Brett. He was livid, of course, and called her back. From what he could understand from the lady, sounds like they found the suit jacket and he needs to go and identify it since it wasn't in our ticketed items. What a pain. I sure hope that they found his jacket. It's a new suit so we can't have the jacket go missing.

We went to Taco Bell for lunch. As Kylie was eating her soft taco she said "I love you mom, thanks for bringing me to Taco Bell."

The viewing is tonight and funeral is tomorrow at 2. I'm not going to either. I wasn't close to Dick and I need to take care of the kids. Brett is going to the viewing after work and the funeral too.

The Bakers come into town tomorrow about noon. We were going over after nap time but with the funeral now, I'm going over earlier so they aren't alone while everyone else is at the funeral. K won't get a nap but she'll be so wired from seeing Dillion that it shouldn't matter. I need to do some cooking tomorrow to get ready for them. Pasta salad, potato salad, calico beans, lemon bars, peanut butter pie, shrimp, cherries. I think that's about it. It will be a fun time!

No comments: