Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog for our family. Things get so busy but we have so many moments that we want to remember but don't write down. So, blog seems to be the answer.

Matthew is 9 weeks old now. He's sleeping pretty good at night. He normally wakes up about 3 and then again at 6. Most of the time he goes back to sleep for a few hours. But I don't. I try to snooze until Brett gets out of the shower and then I get in. I like to be showered and ready before the kids get up. This allows me to feel "ready" for the day. I may be a SAHM, but I treat it like a job and I need to be up, ready to work, before the kids are.
It's raining today and we're going to my friend Betsy's to have a playdate. It's good to get out of the house, we all seem to enjoy a change of scenery.
Let me think of some funny moments that have happened lately that I should record. Kylie, 2.5 years, has started calling Matthew "Little Man" just like Brett. Before, when he would call him little Man, she would correct him and say "No, his name is Matthew Stanley. " Her favorite phrases now are "cool" and "unbelievable", which is a big word for her but she says it pretty well. She wants to know what is going on with Matthew at all times. Last week, she was eating breakfast and I jumped into the shower (she was up early so I couldn't get ready before she got up). I put Matthew on the bed while I was in the bathroom. A few minutes later, she comes into the bathroom and pulls back the shower curtain, looks up at me through the water falling on her face and says "I looked everywhere, I can't find Matthew, he's not in his crib!" I smiled and told her he was on my bed. She was very relieved and told Matthew that she was very worried about him. Cute!
Matthew has an umbilical hernia. Basically his belly button has become an outie. It looks like a big bubble stuck on his belly. I guess it's not uncommon for babies and is caused by straining, which he does all the time. He goes to the Dr for his 2 month appt tomorrow so we'll see what the Dr thinks. Hopefully he won't need to have surgery. He will get a few shots which is normal for a 2 month appointment. :-( He's smiling better and more often now. I love catching those smiles, they are so special right now.
We just got back from our vacation to the Outer Banks. I'll write more about that later, too much for this short amount of time. I need to get Kylie dressed so we can go on our playdate!

No comments: