Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday afternoon, both kids are asleep. We stayed in all morning to work on PTing. She did fine with peeing, actually stayed dry all night long! I had her sit on the potty several times in the morning, especially at 10am because that's her normal poop time. We talked a lot about going poop in the potty and I thought she understood. I even told her that if she didn't go poop in the potty then we would take the Lighting McQueen (LM) car away (it's still in the box until she goes poop but she can play with it while she sits on the potty). Well, I was doing dishs and she was playing in the sink with the bubbles about 1:30 when I smelled something. She got upset when I brought her into the bathroom and flushed the poop. She sat on the toilet for a few minutes but I'm sure she was done. Then I cleaned her up and took LM and put him into the garage. That got her very upset. She kept wanting him and I told her "No, not when you poop in your panties.". So she got her blanket and crawled onto her bed for her nap. I felt really bad for taking the LM away but maybe she will figure it out. She refused to wear a pull-up during her nap, only panties, hopefully she doesn't wake up all wet. I do have a water proof mattress cover so it won't be a big deal to wash the sheets.

I talked to my friend Sara this morning! It's been the first time since she had Sophie. Sophie is doing great, sleeping well. Sara is having a hard time with nursing. I guess Sophie has a very strong latch and is causing "tramatized nipples" on Sara, bleeding and everything. Ouch. Owen seems to be doing good too but wants to be right next to Sara when she is feeding. Nick went back to work today. I guess he wasn't much of a help because he suffered a slipped disk in his back right when they got home from the hospital. So Sara had to take care of him, Owen and Sophie. I wish so bad that I was up there to help her. She doesn't even have anyone to bring her dinner.

Matthew slept ok last night. Up at 2:45 and at 5. He wouldn't settle down at 5 so I was back up at 5:30 changing his diaper and feeding him some more. Frustrating.

No comments: