Friday, July 14, 2006

What an exciting day!! First off, Matthew slept well, he didn't wake for his first feeding until 3:30 a.m. Brett got up to feed him since I had pumped a bottle so I didn't need to get out of bed until nearly 7:00! Amazing and wonderful. I'm so thankful that B is willing to help at night, it makes a big difference for me, even just one night a week is a big help. I hope Matthew sleeps as well tonight. His Dr. did say that he's getting close to the 12lb mark which is the "magic sleep through the night" number. We'll see, I think it's more of a maturity level in the baby then a weight gain.

We went to see Cars today. Kylie loved it and I thought it was really good too. Matthew slept most of the time. During the movie, I noticed that K had dirtied her diaper and it stunk. I didn't have the diaper bag and frankly, didn't want to leave the movie to get it and change her (there was only about 20 minutes left). So she waited and as we were leaving she said her diaper was falling off. I checked and it was very full especially since I had changed her before we left for the movie, I guess drinking most of the medium Sprite will do that to a little kid. Anyway, I told her she would just have to wait, that I would change her when we got home. We get home, I change her and a little while later she tells me that she's going tinkle in her diaper. I asked if she wanted to sit on the potty and she said Yes (!!). She had already finished going but she did sit on the potty without arguing. Then she asked if she could wear her big girl panties, another shocker. So I let her pick them out and she had them on for about 30 minutes when she told me she was going tinkle so I pulled off her panties and put her on the potty (we were in the bathroom when this happened, washing our hands). And she went!!!! She was excited, I was excited, we were all thrilled. Her panties were damp because she didn't realize that she was going until she felt it. We got new panties out and tried again. About 15 minutes later, she told me she was going tinkle again and we hurried to the bathroom. Repeat from before. More excitement! Again I had to get her new panties. After an hour or so, it was time for us to go to dinner with my parents so I told K that we needed to change to pull-ups, which she didn't want to do but she didn't want to sit on the potty again. All she wanted to do was wash her hands. So, she was washing her hands and suddenly, she got down from the chair she was standing on, went to the potty chair, pulled down her panties and went all on her own. And her panties were still dry!! So she knew before going that she needed to go. What a big step for us. She's never told me before that she was going, it was always us catching her at the right time, just dumb luck. But now she's telling us. She did stay dry all through dinner but refused to go potty before we left the restaurant. She informed me as we were driving home that she was going tinkle. Five minutes later and she would have made it home. She didn't want to try any more the rest of the night. I hope this is a turning point for us. I really think that if she decides to do this that the training will be very easy. She just has to decide to do it. (Sorry that I'm so detailed about this but it's a big deal in our house and I want to remember the details in case we have a set back later.)

I talked to my best friend Sara today. She is 38 weeks pregnant. She had her appointment today and the doctor scheduled an induction for Thursday. She is really hoping to go before then, she doesn't want an induction. I hope she does. She was induced with her son and want to see what going naturally is like. I think it's a girl.

My parents got into town this evening about 6. They met us at Cazuala's which is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I had a Mango margarita and got a little buzz off it. My dinner was yummy as usual. I'm glad they are visiting, it's great to see them with Kylie and Matthew. I think if it's not rainy tomorrow we'll probably head over to D&S's for swimming after K's art class. That's about the only thing you can do in this heat.

No comments: