Sunday, July 16, 2006

What an exciting weekend so far. I think Kylie is really serious about potty training now. She wore panties all day yesterday and only had two accidents. She even got out of the pool (we went swimming at D&S's) to go instead of going in her swimmy diaper. That means that she knew she need to go before feeling wet since she wouldn't have noticed feeling wet in the pool. The two accidents she had weren't a big deal, the first was in the car going over to D&S's and the second was in the evening while she was busy playing. No poop yet, she says it's sleeping. We told her she gets a "My Little Pony" if she goes poop so we'll see what happens when the urge hits.

Matthew slept pretty good, up at 2:30 and at 6:00. Kylie was up at 7:15, came into our room to wake us up. Much different then when she wasn't able to open the door and would just call our name until we got her. It's sweet to open my eyes and see her face inches away from mine.

We had a nice day with my parents. It was so hot that after Kylie got back from art class, we all headed over to the pool. We brought KFC for lunch and stayed a little over 2 hours. Kylie is doing better and better with swimming, such a big girl. You have to pull her out of the pool before she'll get out - her lips turn purple and she's shivering but she still wants to stay in!

After swimming everyone took naps. Then Brett and I got ready to go to Les Miserables. We went to dinner at the hibachi grill at Jillians (no one was there, we were the only people in the whole restaurant). Black Expo is this weekend so downtown was very busy. After dinner we went to the play which was awesome! The music was great, the set and costumes were amazing. The actors were great. I was very impressed. Brett didn't like it as much as me but I think he appreciated it, but didn't love it like me. But he's not an art guy so I understand that. I just appreciate the fact that he'll take me and not complain. ;-) What a great guy.

No comments: