Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday evening.

Friday evening we volunteered with our small group to do free babysitting at the church. We had about 15 kids!! Wore us all out.

Busy but good weekend. Saturday Brett took Kylie to Art class and I took Matthew to the grocery store. I got food for this weekend for the Brickyard party. Talked to mom too, she sounds like she feels much better. This bronchitis has really knocked her on her butt. I'm glad she is on the mend.

After naps, we went to Tonya's wedding. It was so wonderful to see her clean, sober and healthy and very happy. Her husband is Alejandro, we call him Alex. The wedding itself was very short (we got there late due to getting lost. Kylie asked me "What does frustrated mean? What is wrong with my daddy??). There were probably 50 people there or so. Art, Cathy, Dick, Sharon, John and us were there for our side of the family. It was so impossibly hot that M was miserable. We kept him inside but after a few hours he couldn't handle it anymore so we left. They had a pool and Kylie and John got in it to cool off. Kylie came up to me after dinner, pulling her dress up and said "I can take my shirt off, please?". They had a mariachi band there for a while too that was really good. Interesting to see the Mexicans enjoy it - lots of dancing and singing! Dick wanted to hire them for the Brickyard party but I told B who told D that it's an "in the moment thing" and we'd just stare instead of dance since we don't know any of the songs or dances.

Tom came over after we got home and stayed until 11:30. He seems to be over the divorce but was upset about a girl who he really liked dumping his this past week. Brett and I talked with him and gave him some advice. He's trying to keep his life as normal as possible for his son but doesn't know what his new normal is yet.

M was so tired from the wedding that he slept from 8:30pm - 4:30 am!!!! I could hardly believe it. Tonight I bathed him and put him to bed at 8:30 so we'll see what happens. He very well might be up at midnight looking for dinner, who knows.

Sunday was church and then we went to our friends Andy and Sara's son Joshua's first b-day party. We got a call that Cousin Dick is dying. Brett went to the hospital to be with his mom. I guess he actually flatlined for 18 minutes but they brought him back. So he is brain dead. They turned off the respirator and are waiting for him to die. The man has been miserable for years so this is what he would want. Guess we'll be going to a funeral / visitation this week.

No comments: