Monday, July 17, 2006

Things are still going well with the potty training (PT). Yesterday she did well even going to the bathroom at Olive Garden and got out of the pool again to use the potty. Very good. She did go poop at church in the nursery but we had a change of clothes so it wasn't much of a big deal. She did tell the teacher right away that she did it and needed to go to the bathroom. So it's starting to make sense to her, I don't think it will be long before it all connects.

We had a nice weekend with my parents. Sunday we went to church and then to lunch at Olive Garden. I actually tried something new, something with VEGETABLES in it!! And I LIKED it! Who would have thought? After naps yesterday, we went swimming at D&S's. It wasn't blazing hot so that was nice.

Matthew slept well last night, not as good as Saturday night when he slept until nearly 4am before waking up to eat. He got up at 1:30 but I had just fed him at 10:30 so I sent Brett in to give him a pacifier (Matthew won't settle down if he sees me but will if it's B.) Then he was up at 2:45. Still earlier then I would like but not bad. Then he was up again at 6:30 but wouldn't go back to sleep so that was when my day started! Tonight I'm going to have Brett give M a bottle of 4oz to see if that will help him sleep later. Maybe he eats more from the bottle then when he eats but falls asleep with me.

Monday- We're staying in today to work on the PTing. I gave Kylie watered down juice for breakfast, thinking it will keep her busy on the potty. It's now 3pm and she's gone more then 10 times on the potty. Most of the time she wets a little in her panties and then runs to the bathroom yelling "I have to go potty-potty!!". Sometimes, she'll realize before she goes that she needs to go. And twice she just went without saying anything until it was too late. And unfortunately, she has pooped twice in her panties. But she told me (showed me once) that she had gone and needed to get clean. It will take some time but I think if we work hard and are consistent this week, that she'll get it. Pray for us!!

No comments: