Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's Sunday so let me catch up from the weekend.

Friday we went to Sara and Gillian's to play. On the way there Kylie told me that Gillian was mean. She's never said that about any kid before so I was really surprised. So I told her that hopefully Gillian wouldn't be mean and she would have fun. And this time I really watched how Gillian played with Kylie. And she is mean - very bossy. Kept telling Kylie that she couldn't do something because she wasn't a big girl, to which I said "Kylie is a big girl and she can do that." And Gillian would get frustrated or mad if Kylie wasn't playing exactly how Gillian thought she should. On the way home, Kylie told me again that Gillian was mean, so we might not do another playdate for a while with them.

Friday night was lots of fun at Howl at the Moon. We met up with people from Brett's work that I've met before. They are all nice people. I had several drinks and was feeling pretty good. The music was fun and I even got some of the ladies to dance on stage with me. We left about 11:30 and picked up Matthew. He was sound asleep so took him home and gave him his last bottle (he didn't drink both at D&S's). Then he slept until 5:30.

Saturday we slept in a little bit. Then watched the tour until Kylie came home (she went to Gymboree Art class with D&S). After she got home, I took her to a health food store to look for some supplements to help with my milk production. The man who owns the store helped me and was very knowledgeable. He has 4 kids, the youngest was only 6 days old. All home births with midwives. He suggested some fenugreek capsules and said that I could get lots of hops by drinking 2 India Pale Alex. He said those 2 beers a day would greatly increase my production. He said this is what he suggests to women who are nursing twins. I thought it was pretty cool of him to suggest something that I couldn't even buy at his store so I got the fenugreek and will try that with the beer.

After the food store, we went to Meijer. I kept asking Kylie if she needed to go to the bathroom - "no, mommy." As we were leaving she says she needs to go. We get to the bathroom and she's already wet and had some poop (for the second time that day). Not cool but what can you do? I can't get upset because I don't want her to get discouraged. So she just sat on a plastic bag all the way home. (I had a change of clothes but we were close to home so I didn't bother).

Saturday evening Lynk, Nancy and Alex came over. We cooked brats, porkchops, corn on the cob on the grill (yummy). We just started this summer cooking sweet corn on the grill. Man, we should have been doing it for years. It tastes so good on the grill. Super hot, buttery, just plain yum. It's like eating summer in Indiana, if you know what I mean. About as Indiana as the State Fair. Which I'm looking forward to. I'm becoming such a Hoosier now. It's taken 9 years but I'm about as Indiana as I can imagine being.

Alex was playing with Kylie in her room and accidentally locked Kylie in the room alone. She didn't know that Kylie didn't know how to open a locked door. Alex got really upset about it. Kylie was fine, we kept telling her we were playing hide and seek. Brett stuck a hanger in the hole of the doorknob but couldn't pop it. Then we tried to take the doorknob off, which didn't do anything. The hinges were on the other side so we couldn't take the door off. And her windows were down and locked so we couldn't go that way. While we were messing with the door, we kept talking to Kylie to keep her mind off of being locked in. We said we were playing hide and seek and she said "Come find me, I'm in here!". Brett eventually got a credit card and used it to push the latch in and open the door. I don't think she was stuck more then 7 or 8 minutes but I sure was glad to get that door open!

Saturday night, Matthew went to bed after his bath so about 9pm. I "dreamfeed" him at 11 and he slept until 3:15. Then was up at 5:30 but I just put a pacifier in his mouth and he went back to sleep. We worked in the nursery during first service. We had one boy who would not stop crying. I think he was quite for 20 minutes the entire service. Brett was taking care of him while I was playing with another girl. After a while I could tell that Brett was out of ideas so we switched but then Matthew needed to eat. A lady from the other nursery came over and got him to be quite, which worked for a while but then he got all upset again. I was glad when he parents came to get him!

Kylie did ok with the potty at Sunday school. She wears a tag that says "Please take me to the potty." but I don't know how well the workers pay attention to that. I took her when we first got there so she knew where it was, which she told me she already knew that. And I guess Kylie told the helpers several times that she needed to go but didn't actually pee. Then she had an accident. What can you do? You take her when she says she needs to but she doesn't. The she pees in her dress. Oh well, I guess the workers in the 2 year old class are pretty used to that.

We were going to the St. Chris fest after church, told Kylie we were going and everything. Pull up and it's all packed up. It was over last night. Kylie got all upset and confused. So we went to D&S's instead to go swimming, which she didn't want to do. So we went to the park and then to Baskin Robbins instead. Now everyone is napping. Brett is out at Best Buy getting a new video camera for the wrestling club. We use theirs for our personal use and had it in NC. The camera messed up somehow and the tape doesn't play right so we need a new camera to play the video. I don't completely understand it, that's why Brett handles these things.

Floyd Landis won the Tour de France. Very cool. Sure didn't look like he would win on Wednesday but he had the ride of his life on Thursday to make up for it. Very cool that an American wins again. I'm sure the French hate us even more. Oh well.

No comments: