Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rough night with M's sleeping. I put him down at 11 but he was up at 1:15. Then back down by 1:30 (I don't think he was very hungry, just looking for some comfort) and up again at 4:30, when he ate a good amount. I get pretty tired when he's up twice a night, I can handle once a night but up twice is hard. Oh well, he may start sleeping through soon, I hope.

We're still working hard at trying to figure out how to get K potty trained. She doesn't have any interest in it. She's happy to sit in a dirty diaper for hours if you let her. Just in the past week or so, she started telling us that she's dirty and wants to get changed so maybe we're getting closer.

Matthew had his 2 month appointment this afternoon. He is a chunk! Eleven pounds, 6 oz. That's the 45 percentile for weight, 23 inches which is the 50 percentile for length. He's bigger then Kylie by a month (she didn't hit those measurements until 3 months). Dr. Collings isn't concerned with his hernia at all, said it's very common and is actually small. She expects it to heal on its own but may take up to two years. It doesn't cause him any pain so there is no need to make a big deal about it. She also said that he's getting big enough to possibly start sleeping through the night but we'll see. He did get 4 shots which were harder on mom and dad then on him. But he calmed right down after nursing for a few minutes (he's such a boob man!).

All in all, it was a good appointment. We did ask about tips to help Kylie with potty training and she gave us some ideas. Most of which we've tried already. But she said not to stress about it that she might be more interested in it after she starts school and sees other kids her age using the potty. Let's hope that is true.

We went to the Children's museum this morning. It's getting easier to take both kids out by myself. Still not second nature yet but at least I don't feel like crying anymore! I just put M in the Moby Wrap so I have my hands free and he snoozes for hours in there. I let Kylie walk around so no need to haul out the stroller this time. It was pretty busy today. They have a new traveling exhibit about Seseam Street that Kylie loved. And she's really interested in the "Mystery's in History" area, which is all about pioneer life. Which is interesting since I always loved and still do like that type of history. Maybe she'll want to be Laura Ingalls like I did! Guess we could make a trip up to Walnut Grove and see Uncle Josh on the way. I have heard that you can take a Laura Ingalls Wilder road trip, to see the different towns that she lived in. I would like that but I think Brett would be bored out of his mind.

Josh sent some new tunes for my Ipod, TV theme songs like Mac Giver, Knight Rider, GI Joe, Smurfs and stuff. Rather funny. Although, I had to delete some off my Ipod to make room, it got full after Brett added some of his own songs on there (mainly 70's stuff from his childhood, after all, he's a hippie at heart, being born in 1969 and all.)

I'm uploading pictures from our NC trip onto Ofoto now. I want to make a photo album in the next few days. We got so many great pictures. I love our new digital camera, it takes great pictures, well worth the money. I'm glad we took so many, that way when K and M get older, they can look at them and hear all about our trip.

That's about it here.

No comments: