Friday, July 21, 2006

Not much new to report. It's Friday afternoon. I'm feeling better from my cold but Kylie has it now. Yesterday I felt like complete crap. Both kids are napping, I was laying down but B called me so now I'm awake and watching the Tour de France.

M slept till 3 on Wednesday night. Why only till 3? I don't know, we're doing the same thing as the night he slept till 5 and till 4. Thursday night Brett didn't feed him until almost midnight and gave him 5 oz that time. He slept until 5:30, which was very good for me to get that rest. But I'm having a hard time keeping up with pumping that much every morning. It doesn't allow for me to pump any to store for another time, like when I'm leaving him with D&S or something. Example - tonight we're going out to Howl at the Moon. I'm leaving D&S with 2 bottles that I had to defrost from my stash. If I keep using the milk I pump in the morning for the late night bottle, then I can't store any. I have 4 or 5 feedings in the freezer now, which is good. I'm looking into ways to increase my supply. I can buy a tea and drink that but I hate tea. I can buy the tea in pill form but it's $26 for 15 days. I can look at getting hops in pill form. I'm drinking tons of water and eating plenty. I'm eating oatmeal, which is helping. I could add some formula to what I pump during the day so I wouldn't have to use all that I pump every night but I don't want to open that can of worms. I really want to keep M exclusively BF. I guess I'll figure something out. Brett seems to really like giving him that last feeding and I don't want to take that away.

We had Gymboree yesterday. Kylie was so proud to tell her teacher and friends that she's using the potty. No accidents there either. She still went poop in her panties later that day but at least she's peeing consistently in the potty.

We also went to the St. Chris festival last night with D&S. The food was yummy - homemade blueberry pie, mmm. Kylie rode several rides, all by herself. Even this space shuttle ride that swung out a little bit. No fear, she was just excited. And she went into the fun house with John. Part of it was a rope net that she had to climb. John said "I'll have to carry you up to the top." But I told Kylie that it was just like at Gymboree and she could do it - and she did. Plus she used the potty several times there too. And she picked the winning number for a fruit basket! What a nice evening.

My dad stayed at our house last night. Kylie played with him until her bed time. He held Matthew most of the night before I put him to bed too. We all watched the tour together. Can't believe what an amazing day Floyd Landis had. Truly amazing. I'm watching now but can't tell where he is at or how he is doing yet.

I haven't heard anything from Sara since she called to tell me about Sophie. I hope she is doing well. I know how overwhelming those first few weeks are. I remember wanting to call and talk to her but having no energy or tons of stuff to get done. I'll give her some time to get home and adjusted. I can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

I cashed in my Gymbucks yesterday. I filled up my shopping cart at 10pm on Wednesday and then logged on-line after feeding M at 3:00 a.m. One of my favorite items was already sold out! In three hours! Those Gymboree addicts are crazy (no, I'm not an addict!)

That's about it, I'll write about Friday later.

No comments: