Friday, July 14, 2006

Not much has happened lately. Matthew was pretty fussy after his shots, he ended up with a fever of 100.4 on Wednesday night from his shots. I called the Ped just to make sure. So he was up at 1:30 and 5 because of the fever. That made for a long, tired day for me on Thursday. We went to Gymboree for Kylie and just came home and played until nap time. Then we all crashed, it felt so good to nap for nearly two hours! I don't normally nap, not since I got used to getting up with M, which happened by the time he was 3 weeks old. I sleep better a night by not napping during the day. Sometimes I get cranky with the kids but I try to keep it in check.

We went swimming last night at D&S's. It was hot so it was nice to get in. Kylie loves the water. It's scary how much she likes it. I worry all the time about her drowning. But she seems to understand that she can't go near the pool without an adult holding her hand. I know I won't relax until she knows how to swim well. She does have a swimsuit that has a lifejacket attached to it that she likes to wear. We've been working on teaching her to kick and use her arms to move in the water (with one of us holding her around the waist). Yesterday she actually was able to "swim" from person to person on her own. We didn't hold her or anything. The suit helped her float and she kicked to where she wanted to go. She's a little fish. I wonder if it's too late to get her enrolled in swim classes?

My parents are driving in to town this evening. Brett got me Les Mes tickets for my birthday and it's tomorrow night. So they are babysitting both kids for us. I'm looking forward to a nice night out. And next Friday we're going to Howl at the Moon with Brett's work. D&S will watch the kids that night.

We're all getting excited about the Nebraska family coming into town in a few weeks. It will be great to see them all. We always have such a nice time. Hopefully this time everyone can just relax and enjoy themselves - no pre-planned activities other then sitting around the pool. We will have people over to our house that Friday for a party too. I'll have to start coming up with a guest list and menu in the next few weeks for that.

I finished putting the pictures into our vacation Ofoto album. It's 57 pages long! Brett and I will do the captions together, he comes up with some funny lines, better then I can do.

I think that's about it for us today.

No comments: